Anonymous asked: Okay You have me curious, what is from dusk till dawn and why should i WATCH IT.
skfjhwek i made a post like this days ago but i can’t find it oops.
so back in 1996 there was a tarantino / rodriguez movie call from dusk till dawn. robert rodriguez made his own tv network and he deeply loved these characters and decided to headline the network with a tv show expanding that universe.
SO BASICALLY it’s about a few things. two codependent killer brothers on the run from the law. One of them has satanic visions and the other is trying to keep him in check. prophesy states that these two brothers will one day travel to the underworld to trick the gods. They run into a preacher who has lost his faith carting his two teenage kids to Mexico and all of them end up traveling together fighting supernatural forces from Aztec mythology; including a matriarchal vampire cult that lures dudes to their deaths.
Why it’s awesome?
- I like to describe it is an “adult” version of supernatural with really good writing written by a POC for POC (El Rey is a network geared towards hispanic americans) so it’s very unique in that way.
- BROTHERS BROTHERS BROTHERS HOLY SATAN BROTHERS WHO AR OBSESSED WITH EACH OTHER BROTHERS WHO ARE ABNORMALLY CONNECTED BROTHERS BEING GROSS AND TOUCHING EACH OTHERS FACES AND NUZZLING EACH OTHER AND HUGING EACH OTHER OVER CORPSES ITS SO TERRIBLE BROTHERS WITH NICK NAMES BROTHERS STRUGGLING TO SAVE EACH OTHER BYEEEE.
- and i haven’t forgotten everyone else because they are absolutely amazing too everyone is so un hatable yet morally grey.
- it’s a little cheesy but in a Tarantino way. Like affectionately cheesy.
- vampires and vampire mythology that has nothing 2 do with white people also hot vampire dudes in cowboy hats
- Speaking of which, all of the lore from the show is based around real mesoamerican/aztec mythology sO mythology bONEr.
- If you’ve seen the movie (which is unnecessary), it DOES throwback, but the characters are their own people and they are “cleaned up” a lot (less problematic? added more brown ppl) they make everyone a lot more complex and interesting.
- See cute boys with tattoos get bloody
- I don’t kno its just an ACTUALLY GOOD mature supernatural based show for big kids and it’s really good and doesn’t have that shitty CW MTV feeling that most vampire/demon/monster shows have.
- If u live anywhere in south america or canada its being aired WEEKLY on netflix otherwise you gatta watch El Rey or download/stream it
- We are officially 3 episodes in sooo